What We Do
Since 1991, DCA has been making collective impact work. Using our Cause Development® methodology, DCA has orchestrated collaborations and partnerships to tackle some of society’s toughest challenges.
The Cause Development framework redefines disconnected efforts into a cause, discovers and builds the partnerships to advance the cause, and then harnesses them to work toward clear goals in a shared plan of action.
Who We Help
We help mission-oriented leaders and organizations that are dedicated to achieving sustainable improvements in people’s lives on a community-wide, regional, nation-wide, or international scale.
Our clients have included leading foundations, domestic non-profits and international NGOs, corporations, workforce development and economic development entities, municipalities and leadership coalitions.
- DCA helped develop the Boston Summer Learning Project, which has grown from serving 232 students to 12,000 in six years. Read more here.
- One of the best predictors of school success is reading well by third grade, yet 80% of low-income children don’t.
DCA is proud to be part of The Campaign for Grade Level Reading, a network of 240+ communities committed to reversing the trend. Watch video.
- DCA is part of Lumina Foundation’s Goal 2025 initiative. We are the campaign’s national technical assistance liaison. Seventy-five communities have joined the campaign. Here’s an overview from Lumina: Watch video
- DCA has launched The Collective Impact Alliance. Follow the blog, Making Collective Impact Work.
- Beyond the Grant, an article by DCA published in The Foundation Review. It chronicles a shift the W.K. Kellogg Foundation made from grantmaker to change maker through its national SPARK initiative. Read Beyond the Grant